About a month ago my principal sat me down and told me that he had just heard from the district special education director and she had just told him that there was only funding for a full time and half time teacher at Altara next year. Because the other teacher has been there for long she is the one that gets to stay and I am the one that goes, unless I choose to go half time. He told me that there were a few options:
1. I go half time and still work at his school.
2. I stay full time but do half time at his school and half time at another school.
3. I go full time somewhere else in the district
I told him I wanted a full time position and I didn't want to do 2 half time positions again, because I had already done this and it was too hard. So, he told me they didn't know where they'd place me for next year, but that I'd find out within the next couple of weeks. I also mentioned that I am certified to teach general ed and asked how I would go about getting a general education job, if that's what I wanted. He gave me some info on this and I had a while to think it all over and try to figure out what I really want. I felt a little frustrated because I keep getting passed around from school to school, but I realize that this is just one of the perks of being a new teacher.
I waited about 3 weeks to find out from the district. I was anxious to hear where I was going, but for some reason I was handling it much better than I normally would have. I think I'm learning to have faith that things will work out for the best if I am living the way I should be. And, I figured that things can't get harder than they were this year, so I'll be ok no matter what :)
Well, I heard back from the director on Friday. I will either be at Sprucewood or Willow Springs next year. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm excited for a new start and a new adventure. But, when I think about my students this year and how I won't be able to teach them anymore it breaks my heart. These kids have become my life and they have no idea what they helped get me through. They have made me laugh and brought me happiness when nothing else could work. So cheesy, I know, but they literally got me out of bed some days. I'll miss them and their cute faces, but I know I'll meet some adorable kids at my new school.

These are some of the students I teach. How could you not love them?



3 comments:
Lauren, I love you! I only wish you could come be Emrie's teacher. My life would be complete! Seriously, though, kids are great wherever you are, so the fact that you will have a job rocks! Wherever it is, you will love it and you will be amazing. Because you ARE amazing. Here's to a great next year!
YAY! I found youuuu!!
also...just because you THIHNK that your blog is "boring" I'm srill gonna stalk you a little bit. Just cause I love you... :)
so cute!! i'm excited for your new adventure. This summer we are doing a lot of laying by the pool. capesh? yes, i know i just quoted uncle jesse.
Post a Comment