I can't begin to explain how I have felt the last 5 months. I have felt like everywhere I turn there is somebody there waiting to tell me that I am just not good enough. And, when multiple people make you feel that way you begin to believe it.
But guess what!
I went on my first upside down roller coaster. Sounds like no big deal? To me it was. I have been horrified of them for my entire life. I've been bribed, dragged to the entrance, made fun of, and left alone to wait so many times I can't even count. But, I actually did it this time. And while it will still take some serious coaxing for me to do it again, I am so proud of myself that I did it even one time.
AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As of February 5th, I have completed an entire year of teaching. I have been spit in my face, kicked, had my hair pulled, punched and yelled at. I have chased a student around the hallways countless times. I have spent entire nights trying to get everything done. I have been backstabbed by co-workers, and have been literally seconds away from quitting. I have cried for hours. But I am still here. I haven't given up yet. I made it through a full year and that is something to be proud of.
I am finally fighting back!



3 comments:
You are a rockstar!!!!! And I think the world of you! Glad you are fighting back when it feels like the world is kicking you down - you are truly amazing!
Laur-
Sorry you've had a rough few months! But...way to fight back! I'm proud of you for going on an upside down roller coaster!!! Was it fun!? And, way to not quit at work, even when things are rough. A year is a long time to be tortured!! Just remember you're seriously an amazing person and no matter what people tell you or what's going on in your life, this is true! Love you!!!
Hey girl! I miss you! I found your blog by stalking from the Williams blog...and if you'll let me I'll add you to my list so i can stalk you from my own page...
xo Cassie
Post a Comment