Tuesday, April 29, 2008
One more week to go!
Ah! I totally can't believe it. I am leaving to Uganda in one week from today. I signed up with Help International last year, and now it's finally time to leave. It's gone by super quick and I feel like there is way too much to do before I leave. I've gotten all the shots taken care of, as well as the passport, ISIC card, health insurance, training classes, etc. Now it has come down to the packing issue....what do I pack for 3 months that will only weigh 50 pounds? I think my family will agree with me that besides my dad (hahaha) I pack the most when we go on vacations. That's not an advantage in this case. It's starting to stress me out! And, to add to this Africa stuff I have to finish finals and pack up to move home again. It's been a great semester and I've learned a lot, but i'm happy to say it's ALMOST over. Tomorrow I will take my last (and hardest) final (and YES to all you who are wondering, making this blog IS what I am doing instead of studying!). But, I can handle one more. It will be nice to be home for a few days to spend some time with family, friends, and Tyler, and to be able to start packing and getting everything taken care of before I leave. I think the time will go fast and before I know it i'll be in Africa. Who would've thought? I am so excited!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
(and YES to all you who are wondering, making this blog IS what I am doing instead of studying!) that part made me laugh out loud. Also, who would have thought you're going to Africa with LESLIE MILES. WEIRD. BUT I LOVE IT!!!!
When does she have time to make a blog? She has so much to do! I wonder why she isn't studying for her final right now...
Very cool Lauren
DIZZ SHIZ!!! I am excited to see your adventures is Africa! You better write me!!
Post a Comment